Conversation on the ANC Economic Recovery Plan
The Progressive Business Forum (PBF) has been mandated to facilitate inputs into the document of the ANC Economic Transformation Sub-Committee, entitled - “Reconstruction, Growth and Transformation: Building a New, Inclusive Economy”.
To this end, and in the space of a very short time span, the PBF embarked on an ambitious plan that involved several phases:
- In the first phase, the PBF invited business subscribers on its data base to submit written inputs, into the draft Plan. These have been received.
- The second phase was a webinar held on 17 August with Business Associations.
- This was followed by a webinar on 10 September entitled – The importance of Women in Economic Recovery.
The Webinar on 17 August:
The webinar saw involvement from:
- The ANC Treasurer-General, Cde Paul Mashatile;
- The Chair of the ANC’s Economic Transformation Sub Committee, Cde Enoch Godongwana;
- The Head of the Economic Infrastructure Unit in the Presidency Dr Sputla (Kgosientso) Ramokgopa;
- The CEO of Business Unity South Africa (BUSA), Mr Cas Coovadia;
- The chair of Business for South Africa (B4SA), Mr Martin Kingston;
- The President of the Black Business Council (BBC), Mr. Sandile Zungu.
- Sindy Mabe (facilitator) and business woman in her own right.